Monday, June 22, 2009

Meet the Parents

Our parents finally met – it was really nice.

Our parents finally got to meet after 2 years of dating and it couldn’t have gone any better. Lanae’s parents stopped at our cottage to pick-up Lanae on their way to Mackinac Island. All-in-all, they spent about 1+ hour together, which included a boat ride around our lake and some general chit-chat.

When Lanae and I checked in with each other later in the night to compare notes, I shared how my parents were thrilled to see how “normal” and “everyday” Lanae’s parents were. Lanae’s dad was explaining to the rest of their family in Mackinac how they had met Lanae’s future in-laws.

I knew it would go well. Another item checked off the relationship checklist. Only a couple of things still looming at this point.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Big steps KAM! I'm glad it went well. ;)