Sunday, April 19, 2009

Australia - Update #2







Hi everyone...or all 3 of you that read this.

I've had a few requests to post some pictures of Melbourne/etc., so here they are. If I'm your friend on Facebook by chance, I've posted an album of pictures from my day tour of The Great Ocean Road - check them out.

The pictures are of my hotel, the Melbourne Waterfront, and a picture of The Great Ocean Road. Outside of the tour yesterday, I spent most of today exploring the city. To be honest, its another city. Don't get me wrong, there are some fantastic things about cities, but they've started to look the same to me. The day trips on the other hand...that's what separates these trips...and yesterday was awesome. I go on another trip next Saturday, so I'm excited.
This weekend, I've walked probably 20-25 miles. I'm sweating to death and all of the Melbourne-ites are wearing Fall jackets. What's up with that. My walk tonight was to an Italian restaurant that my friend Steve suggested from when he and his wife visited here. Very good! I got the lasagna...unlike any I've had before. Stock full of carrots. You probably could've heard the groan back home when it arrived at my table, but it was really good.
I think I'm finally over my cold. Yay! It was a pretty rough week. Now, I'm going to work my butt off this week so that I can let up towards the end.
I hope everyone is doing well. Miss you all.
Karla - still no kangaroos...although I see them on the menus here - gross. I did see koala bears, a fox and a porcupine.




2 comments:

Kristen said...

I LOVE KOALA BEARS! Did you know they sleep about 20-22 hours a day? What a life!

Karla said...

Great pics Kath, here and on your FB page! Thanks for letting me "tag" along on your trip! I can picture your face perfectly when the carrots arrived - good for trying it anyway, but I suggest you steer clear of the fried kangaroo! (although I'm sure it tastes like chicken! :)